Sunday, April 7, 2013

52 in 52: Week 1

Question 1 of  "Questions That Will Free your Mind"

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?
I'm not sure I can answer with an exact age. I'm also not sure that the numerical age is the important piece to remember when reflecting on this question. I think maturity and responsibility are very important components of a successful person. I strive to be both mature and responsible in my daily life. However, I think that too often adults lose the wonder they once had as children. We all were once so curious and creative. Yes, this may not continue to be encouraged in our everyday life, but that doesn't mean it isn't allowed.  Children dream, love, and can be happy with very little.
Why can't adults be? Why can't I be?  
If I didn't know how old I was, I would say that I am older than what I am. I need to focus on the happiness associated with simplicity, imagination, and simply loving others and the beautiful life I have been blessed with.




Week 1 of 52 Weeks:List of 100 Most Meaningful Experiences of My Life
I won't bother sharing my list of 100 experiences. However, I did notice important trends among my list. Without difficulty and relationships almost all of these experiences wouldn't exist.

Here are some of my most meaningful experiences:
-Meeting my fiance and best friend (and his family)
-Learning when to let go of someone or something
-Becoming a Godparent and cousin to a beautiful child(ren)
-Family Traditions (Uncles dressed as Santa for Christmas) and Vacations (Disney, Virginia, Texas)
-Traveling Abroad
-Going to Graduate School
-Illness (family and self)
-Volunteering (various service trips)

I have been so blessed to be surrounded by the most supportive and loving people-my friends and family. A quarter of my list consisted of names. Names of friends, family, supervisors, and strangers. Would you be on anyone's list? That's what this activity made me think. What am I doing to help create an experience for someone's list of 100 most meaningful experiences? I also found it interesting that a lot of my experiences on this list would have, at one time, been considered obstacles. I probably prayed that they would end, go away, or be cured. I'll think about that next time I am struggling.



Week 2 consists of taking one picture a day and reflecting on it...

No comments:

Post a Comment