Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Reflecting on the Day: Being Grateful


After reflecting on a conversation from the day, I realized that I don't take the time to think about how truly blessed I am. I find myself complaining about finances, work, school, relationships, the weather, cafeteria food, etc...!  But when I think deeper, I am reminded that instead of thinking about what is wrong with these things, I need to focus on what is right with them; what they each teach and provide me. 

 Yes, I am a student, with little money, but I have enough. It is a blessing that I am privileged enough to attend college, and Graduate School. Many aren't able to pursue their dream of attending college. Yes, work can be stressful sometimes. But, I HAVE a job, and a job in which I get to work with amazing people. Yes, family and friends can occasionally cause stress, but thank God that I have family and friends that care enough to do so!


Life is what you make of it. You choose your attitude.

Yes, we are about to get 10 inches of snow tomorrow, but there are people who would LOVE to see the beautiful (and sometimes chaotic) result of a snowstorm...here's to trying to remain positive about the snow! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment